Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mom's Mission Call

Well my Mom got her latest mission call this Thursday. It was very exciting, my sister Rindee text me about 11:30 am and said we have a mission call we are going to be opening at 8:00 pm. Do you know how long of a wait that was...oh my heck I had the hardest time making it through the day. But when my Mom called and said okay call back in 5 minutes....oh that was bad. Now if you know my family there are 5 girls and we all live somewhere different. So I had my sister Mica conferenced in when I called my Mom back. Then everyone else was on speaker and she opened the envelope...mmmmm...Where is she going??? Well she is going to the Los Angeles California Family History Support Center. She is to report to the MTC on September 21st. Yes this is only a week away and it was a shocker, so she has been rushing around trying to get everything ready to go.
However, she was in Utah this weekend so she called me this morning and asked if she could come to church with us. I was really excited because it will be the last time I see her for some time, well except next weekend that is, but she took the time to do that and it made me really happy and made me feel really special today. I love my Mom and am grateful that I have her!! Congrats Mom!!!



Me, Sarah, Mom, & Zach April 1, 2009 Logan Temple.


Picture of my Mom and Sarah taken a month or so after Sarah was born. Mom got back from her mission to Las Vegas a month and a half before Sarah came.

2 comments:

Corn said...

I heard it through the Grapevine. Kidding, she sent email. I am very happy and excited for her. Oh, that mom of yours is so blessed. She always had carried that special thing about her. A wonderful woman, indeed.

Shawnalee said...

Oh how cool. I am excited for her to go. that is awesome. i am sure that you will miss her. Hope things are well for you and your family.