Monday, August 17, 2009

Memories

So I am sitting here loading CD's to my iTunes so that I have stuff to listen to while working or just doing about anything. I realized as I was doing this that the only ones that I am loading right now are Chris LeDoux. If you know me well then you know that I am a huge Chris LeDoux fan. I went to many concerts with friends and family. I spent nights out on sidewalks to get a wristband so that I could later get tickets that would put me right up front. I sometimes miss those days and think of them and smile. There was one year for my birthday that my Dad took me all the way to Nampa Idaho from Roy Utah to see Chris LeDoux. That was one of the best birthday's ever. Not only did I get to see the one person I loved in concert, but I got to spend that entire day with the most amazing Dad ever!!
The first ever Chris LeDoux concert I went to was when I was in Junior High School. I went with my sister Rindee and it was so much fun. From that time on I was hooked and no one was going to shake me from loving Chris LeDoux. :)
One more story...I went to Vegas one year with a group of friends. The driver got a speeding ticket on the way down there and we even tried to get Chris to sign it, but he wasn't feeling well after the concert. However, we did meet his son which was really funny.
All those Chris LeDoux fans out there will always miss him!!
Chris LeDoux (October 2, 1948–March 9, 2005)

2 comments:

Corn said...

NO WAY!!! Git outta herrr!! Shimwah!

Ah, when I saw that.. I said.. NAH AHHH, NO WAY!!

We went to his concerts, too. One day out on a drive, I said "I wonder when Chris is gonna get another cd out" O Hubs told me he passed away. I was dumbfounded.

I was always out working with the horses and training for the next rodeos.. We really didn't have time for tv..and we only listened to Chris, Gretchen, Joe N.. and some other Cowboy Music.. Mostly we were alway yapping about how Rocky and Thunder needs to.. bleah bleh, bleh.. Anyway.. Troy and I looked at each other like HUH? He wut?? Nahh ahhh..

Needles to say he was and still is one of the best.

Wow..that's so cool dad took you out.. He is the greatest!!

Zach said...

I still can't believe I finally saw a real life 65-70 Cadillac Coup de Ville Hardtop pulling a one horse trailer behind it. With a horse in it! All I could think was how cool that was and how I wish Tai was here to see it with me.